Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

Amy Amanda Allen or Tawnia Baker?

Post here about the people who had (reoccuring) guestroles in the series, like Col. Decker and Fullbright for instance or any other role that stood out and you would like to discuss

Who did you prefer Amy or Tawnia?

Amy Amanda Allen
62%
Tawnia Baker
10%
neither of them
28%

Total votes : 29

Re: Amy Amanda Allen or Tawnia Baker?

Postby Milena » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 am

writer525 wrote: I got so mad at Tawnia when Murdock came in to save her in her first episode and instead she jumps up and hugs Face. Phooey!

It's true, in that scene I would have slapped Tawnia .
Milena
Stunt Pilot

Postby Ebulient » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Milena wrote:It's true, in that scene I would have slapped Tawnia .

Me too, but luckily our captain is generally a lot sweeter than we are. :lol:
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Ebulient
Chopper Pilot

Highscores: 1

Postby Milena » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:26 pm

[quote="Ebulient"][quote="Milena"]It's true, in that scene I would have slapped Tawnia .

Me too, but luckily our captain is generally a lot sweeter than we are. :lol:

Perhaps, as some say, we women are the "weaker ***", but surely don't we lack the grit. :lol:
Milena
Stunt Pilot

Postby Ebulient » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:16 pm

We're not the weaker ***; we're the fairer ***! :lol:
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Ebulient
Chopper Pilot

Highscores: 1

Postby virginie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:15 pm

I prefer Amy too . She seems more naturel.
virginie
Basic Airman

Postby Zania » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 pm

I totally agree with you, Virginie. If the A-Team were to have a female reporter tag along, Amy would be my pick everyday over Tawnia. She came across as being a lot more capable, and didn't whine like Tawnia did.
Zania
Navigator

Postby Devilwoman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Neither. The show didn't need any more women than the ones who were being sweet talked by Face... They both had much to learn when it came to acting...
Devilwoman

"That's not even a smile, it's just a bunch of teeth playing with my mind!" - Templeton "Face" Peck

"TRASH BAGS!!!" - H.M. Murdock
Devilwoman
Basic Airman

Postby virginie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Does someone have news of those actresses ?
virginie
Basic Airman

Postby Sophia Hawkins » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 am

Okay, I didn't read through everybody else's responses, but I did notice quite a few vote Amy. Good. That's my vote too. Now, in reality there was no woman ON the A-Team, but Amy was the only one who belonged with them. Ironically she knew her place though the woman playing her didn't seem to. Not that I can blame Melinda. Dirk once asked WHY she would want to do what the guys did, who wouldn't? That's where all the fun was.

But I digress, Tawnia had no purpose and it's most evident by the people who say they prefer her simply because 'she's hot'. Window dressing, cheesecake, a seat cushion, little different from the women Face had on his arm every week, interchangeable, expendable, etc.
Sophia Hawkins
Basic Airman

Highscores: 7

Postby Kasia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:29 pm

I prefer Amy. Ok, maybe Tawnia is prettier, (I don't mean that AAA is ugly :lol:) but this is her only value IMHO :P. She's just careerist. I don't like her especially in 'Curtain Call' - she's completely useless! Amy acted more like a man, that was fun :D, and she was, I think, emotionally closer with guys. It was really good scene in 'Children from Jamestown', when Hannibal, B.A. and Face cheered her up. They could just say :'you asked for it yourself'.
Polskę i okolice ;) zapraszam serdecznie na http://a-teamfreak.blogspot.com/
Kasia
Navigator

Highscores: 8

Postby BlueKitty » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Yes, you're right. I prefered Amy too. And in "Children of Jamestown" that scene was very touching. Guys could leave Amy alone but they helped her and supported her. That was cute. Tawnia didn't fit to A-Team, she hadn't such a good contact with Face and Murdock, unlike Amy. :)
As soon as I find out who I am you'll be the first to know.
BlueKitty
Airman First Class

Postby Allison » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:55 am

Oh boy. Honestly, the episodes were better without either character tacked on. Don't get me wrong, I really like Amy, and she meshed with the Team pretty well, but once they dropped the idea of the female reporter character, I didn't miss it. Amy fit better, especially when she was kind of an audience surrogate, and her friendships with Murdock and Face were cute. There were times, though, when Amy was introduced as a member of the A-Team, and I'm all, "No, no, she's not." With Tawnia I sometimes wondered if we were supposed not to like her. It's a shame because I think if the writers had gone a little further with Tawnia's ambition and sneakiness, she would have been more interesting. A little ambiguous but more interesting.
Allison
Basic Airman

Previous

Return to A-team actors in guestroles