Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

"You're such a nice man..."

He loves it when a plan comes together, talk about Hannibal in here

"You're such a nice man..."

Postby A.J. » Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 pm

... that line was said to Hannibal by Stevie Faith in "There Goes the Neighborhood"

Anyone think it might've been a private dig at George for his "Hi, I'm George Peppard and I'm *not* a nice man" line? I sure think so... but then again, I always had a warped sense of humor. :twisted:
A.J.
Fixed Wing Pilot

Re: "You're such a nice man..."

Postby Thatkliqkid » Wed May 18, 2011 6:04 am

LOL I never even connected that. I shall now though.
“Be modest in your self-esteem, and value yourself at your proper worth. Who can justify a man who runs himself down, or respect a man who despises himself?” - Ecclesiasticus 10:28-29
Thatkliqkid
Kamikaze Pilot

Postby Ebulient » Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 am

Heh, I was actually thinking about the same thing just the other day (though don't ask why... :roll: )!

Provided that she knew about it, or that he introduced himself like that to everyone :lol:, it could very well be a dig. (Coming to think of it, that's a pretty good introduction - that way you can only surprise people positively, really. :clap: )
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Ebulient
Chopper Pilot

Highscores: 1

Postby Wolf of the Skies » Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 am

I never really thought about it either... You might be on to something! :lol:
Wolf of the Skies
Fixed Wing Pilot

Postby A.J. » Fri May 20, 2011 4:27 am

He looked a bit surprised at first, lol...

Crap, I just re-watched it and she said "Nice guy." Eh, tomato tomahto... :-P
A.J.
Fixed Wing Pilot

Postby Wolf of the Skies » Fri May 20, 2011 6:07 am

Don't worry, we'll count it anyway! Besides that's close enough really. The same sentiment is there... :P
Wolf of the Skies
Fixed Wing Pilot

Postby howlin' mad » Sat May 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Heh,heh,heh, interestin' topic....am sure I have heard that line or similar in another A-Team episode......Intermittent memory loss, can't recall which one..... :)
You don't have to believe everything you think!
howlin' mad
Chopper Pilot

Postby amyk » Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 am

I don't know for sure who the writer for this one was, but it is such a good episode that I would not be surprised if SJC was the writer, so maybe he (or whoever wrote it) threw that line in as sort of a friendly dig at GP.
amyk
Navigator

Postby Thatkliqkid » Sat May 28, 2011 11:12 am

Isn't that the same episode where Murdock says something to the rest of the team like "I find it sad we don't talk anymore?" and it looks like it's George's stunt double sitting at the table.
“Be modest in your self-esteem, and value yourself at your proper worth. Who can justify a man who runs himself down, or respect a man who despises himself?” - Ecclesiasticus 10:28-29
Thatkliqkid
Kamikaze Pilot

Postby amyk » Sun May 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Yes, this is the same episode.
amyk
Navigator

Postby Wolf of the Skies » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 am

Thatkliqkid wrote:Isn't that the same episode where Murdock says something to the rest of the team like "I find it sad we don't talk anymore?" and it looks like it's George's stunt double sitting at the table.

I'll have to check that scene out again for myself! If the stunt double is there, that's really funny :lol:
Wolf of the Skies
Fixed Wing Pilot

Postby Sophia Hawkins » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:08 am

I never noticed that, and I've seen the episode twice.

I have a few words of my own in regards to the 'My name is George Peppard and I'm not a very nice man' thing, but I'm not sure if this is the right place for it. :D
Sophia Hawkins
Basic Airman

Highscores: 7

Postby Tracey230 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:12 am

I don't think it was a dig at him at all. Going on past interviews he was very self analytical and probably put that in himself! He changed his lines quite frequently apparently. He often said "I'm no George Peppard" fan and also said that he often got portrayed badly in the media and by others in the industry because he was outspoken and didn't suffer fools. I think this was a defence mechanism more than anything else. If they've heard I'm a horrible person I might as well put it out there rather than it being the elephant in the room! His friends said "don't you believe it. He IS a nice man". He also said that he was his own worst enemy so he didn't seem to like himself at times either.

But don't forget This was someone who knew the industry and what he was talking about. He had produced and directed himself (with limited success admittedly) but had huge starring roles alongside Dean Martin Rock Hudson and Joan Collins. Mr T was the star because of his iconic look but the real talent on the show were the other 3 actors. I don't blame George for getting frustrated! Particularly when they didn't get the recognition they should have for the show's success.
Tracey230
Basic Airman

Return to Colonel John 'Hannibal' Smith