Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

Flynn Forced Out

Post political news that you think others should read and discuss it with each other.

Flynn Forced Out

Postby Bix » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:44 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... f269d797cb

So Flynn Jr. spreads false information, and Flynn Sr. lies to the Vice President and the President. And then the President knew 17 days ago that this situation was going on.

Now there's an investigation into the "no retaliation" actions by Russia, even though we kicked Russian officials out. So they uncovered the Flynn conversations. Flynn could now be accused of lying to the FBI, which is a felony.

But that's not the worst of it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02 ... ssian-mps/

"Russian members of parliament have defended Michael Flynn, saying the former national security advisor may have been forced out by a climate of 'Russophobia' that has penetrated the Trump White House. Konstantin Kosachev, the chairman of the foreign affairs committee of the Federation Council, Russia’s upper house, said Mr Flynn’s resignation as national security advisor could also suggest Donald Trump is unable to operate with full independence as president."

Meanwhile, the Russians are back to the old Cold War games, too: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-r ... SKBN15T2MU

"Multiple Russian military aircraft came close to a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Black Sea on Feb. 10, incidents considered "unsafe and unprofessional," a U.S. official said on Tuesday. The Russian Defense Ministry said no such incidents had occurred. "There were no incidents of any kind on Feb. 10, related to flights by Russian military jets in the Black Sea near the U.S. Navy destroyer Porter," Russian news agencies cited a spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, Major-General Igor Konashenkov, as saying. But Captain Danny Hernandez, a spokesman for U.S. European Command, cited three separate incidents involving Russian aircraft and the USS Porter. One involved two Russian Su-24 jets, another a separate Su-24, and the third a larger IL-38. "USS Porter queried all aircraft and received no response," Hernandez said. "Such incidents are concerning because they can result in accident or miscalculation," he added.

"This is an administration in significant disarray." - Sen. John McCain
"They sell a LOT of tin foil in your town, don't they?"
Bix
Stunt Pilot

Re: Flynn Forced Out

Postby DrJen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:20 pm

It is my hope that after recent the strong statements by VP Pence, you have come to realize that Trump is not some Putin conspiracy.

Let's not go down the road McCain is traveling on how Trump is a dictator shutting down the free press. Exhibit 1 in Trump's favor is the CNN story itself. What dictator would allow it? None! Multiple other exhibits can be had by looking through most newspapers. Trump is a dictator, he is Hitler, he is Putin's pawn, ... It is pure hysteria, nothing more. Trump bloviates. Obama bloviated, albeit in a different manner. Neither had my vote. How outrageous has the "opposition" become? My youngest sister, an avowed lefty, is now viewing Trump with favor as she will have nothing to do with the "opposition".

Trump took over the Presidency with an incredibly divided nation. I'm not keen on all his ideas (or I probably would have voted for him, no?), but he seems to be trying to tread a middle ground and establish some semblance of the rule of law - which few would argue was Obama's path. One plus in the past three weeks is how the hateful alt-right is now disappearing from view. I'm hoping that the hateful far-left with follow suit.

Disclaimer: I didn't vote for Trump and I don't particularly like him. My fellow voters disagreed. Trump is the US President.
DrJen
Playground Crew

Re: Flynn Forced Out

Postby Bix » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:59 pm

I honestly don't believe that a man as cunning and conniving as Putin would take Trump seriously enough to put him in the loop, much less consider him an equal. However, I DO think that the ability of Russia to use/manipulate him so adeptly, given that the current President is making every effort not to ruffle Russian feathers, demonstrates how he is being used.

The more disturbing thing on the media front is that both he and Kellyanne Conway keep "misspeaking" about things that never happened. "Bowling Green" was Miss C's mistake. "Sweden" is Trump's latest. Declare the media to be wrong, then feed the people what you want them to hear. Spicer has been at it for weeks now.

And what about Trump wanting to build a "safe zone" or two in Syria? How? Are they going to build up walls and surround them with a moat and armed guards? What about delivering food, water, clothing, and other goods to this "safe zone" so that people ca get what they need? How are these people supposed to work within this "safe zone" and earn money? What about travel--will these zones have travel restrictions, check in/check-out stations... But the absurdity is capped off by the notion that "the Gulf states will pay for it." Where have we heard that? Oh, yes. "Mexico will pay for it... no, Congress will pay for it (the taxpayers)... no, don't worry, Mexico will pay us back."

We're descending into Dreamland.
"They sell a LOT of tin foil in your town, don't they?"
Bix
Stunt Pilot

Return to Politics