Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

Dwight in Startrek

Discuss Barclay in TNG in here

Re: Dwight in Startrek

Postby AuroraLenore » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:58 am

Dwight had mentioned once that Jonathan Frakes grabbed his inner thigh during a scene and it took him a while to regain his composure. I wonder which episode and scene that was. I know they didn't use that but I still am kind of curious to know about that. Lol.
AuroraLenore
Basic Airman

Postby Kasia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Thatkliqkid wrote:To be honest before I knew who Dwight was ( I know, how could I not know? It baffles me now) I'd never watched Star Trek and I don't know if I'd watch it if he wasn't in it.

Exactly. I just watched episodes you've mentioned (you're irreplaceable! :D ) and my favourite one is Realm Of Fear.
I suffer from social anxiety disorder since I remember, so I can understand Barclay perfectly. And believe me, he's not a worst case :). First of all, he's able to work. This is huge problem for many people with social phobia. Drinking and eating in the company and blushing also - he doesn't has these problems...
Barclay can also, what is uplifting, finally he can overcome his weakness (like fear of using transporters) and be appreciated by the rest of crew.
When I saw him as a hypochondriac, I was annoyed, but later I thought to myself that he must feel very lonely. Searching for imagined ilnesses were sad attempts to get noticed...
Ravynne Mad wrote:Dwight really has a way of showing emotions through facial expressions. Sometimes I see a bit of Murdock in Barclay through them.

So do I! Yay, I'm not maniac 8) .
Polskę i okolice ;) zapraszam serdecznie na http://a-teamfreak.blogspot.com/
Kasia
Navigator

Highscores: 8

Postby Amberdawn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:42 pm

I love Dwight as Barclay! I'm a fairly new fan of Dwight. I was in the process of watching TNG starting with season 1, when I got to the later seasons and saw the Barclay episodes I was smitten! I'd never heard of Dwight but I had to find out who he was. I watched the realm of fear episode like 6 times now and I could still watch it again.
Amberdawn
Basic Airman

Postby AuroraLenore » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Dwight is truly fantastic as Barclay. I can't imagine anyone else playing him better.
AuroraLenore
Basic Airman

Postby AdorableKitten » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm watching ''Hollow Pursuits'' right now. Barclay was cute with cleaning everything. His voice is very different from what I'm used to. Seclusive tendencies. Interesting.
AdorableKitten
Co-pilot

Highscores: 7

Previous

Return to The Next Generation