Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

Dwight's shares his thoughts about the MH17 crash

Dwight's shares his thoughts about the MH17 crash

Postby dwightforum » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:21 pm

You may respond to Dwight's thoughts here.
dwightforum
Site Admin

Re: Dwight's shares his thoughts about the MH17 crash

Postby Kasia » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:06 pm

I agree with mr Dwight - this is, even if indirect, Putin's fault. He said that end of USSR was a tragedy and everybody knows he'd like to resurrect this country, no matter how many victims it would take. But I don't agree that world can be better place in future. I'm affraid it can be only worse :( ...Huge tragedy, all we can do is pray for victims and their families. And also tragic thing is that just crime like that made world aware of what happens in eastern Ukraine. However, I don't blame nobody - to be honest, I'm not interest what bad things happens somewhere far away from Poland...
To go back to Putin - he also said, that this is Ukraine's fault, because it happend in their airspace :shock: . Incredibly ridiculous! He didn't think like that, when four years ago polish plane with president and 94 other persons crashed over Smolensk...
Polskę i okolice ;) zapraszam serdecznie na http://a-teamfreak.blogspot.com/
Kasia
Navigator

Highscores: 8

Postby Bix » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:18 am

Putin is at fault-- there can be no doubt that Russia's advanced weapons were deliberately given to pro-Russian supporters.

And there's no way to sugar-coat it and blame the Ukraine because it was their air space or, to an extent, even the separatists who shot it down... yes, this horrific incident happened at their hands and they are directly responsible for the actual shooting, but it would never have happened had Russia not provided them with the tools to do it. Fighters who are this angry and desperate to prove themselves in a battle WILL do the unthinkable, and these pro-Russian people did just that: they did the unthinkable and turned innocent civilians into victims, just because the opportunity presented itself. That's just the nature of "freedom" fighting-- there is mindless carnage, and no direct agenda or control over the actions in the battlefield as a whole. Any one of the fifty-plus planes that passed over that air space that day could've been shot down, but it happened to be MH17. Random chance which became chilling reality thanks to the handing-over of a weapon capable of such carnage.

But it would never have happened if Russia's personal agenda against the Ukraine had not prompted them to give powerful weapons to those who lacked discretion and restraint. Whatever "point" that Russia thought they would make by arming their supporters, they were in the wrong.

Russia is the one who is chiefly in the wrong and it is because of their direction and their instrument that this occurred.
"They sell a LOT of tin foil in your town, don't they?"
Bix
Stunt Pilot

Postby Nance » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:37 am

Yesterday it has been two years since MH 17 was shot down. It seems so much fresher than that. My thoughts are with the families and friends of those that died that day.
I'm not insane, I'm psychologically challenged!
Nance
Navigator

Return to International Affairs