Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

Howling Mad World Review! show 4.

Howling Mad World Review! show 4.

Postby Choppercrazy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 am

You may comment on show 4 in this topic.
Choppercrazy
Playground Crew

Re: Howling Mad World Review! show 4.

Postby DrJen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:43 am

Thank you to Dwight for repeating the names of those murdered in Libya. It is critical that we don't forget who they were, and that they deserved better from our government then and now.

Why CNN got hold of Ambassador Stevens' diary before our leaders managed to put our people on the ground must be answered. Surely most incriminating evidence that might have been at the scene is gone at this point. And, the last I heard we still didn't have investigators on site to pick over whatever might have been missed. Allowing our ambassador to be the victim of a terrorist attack deserves a full top-to-bottom investigation in my opinion.
DrJen
Playground Crew

Postby wildstar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:47 am

I just listened to the podcast and I agree with DrJen.

Thank you Dwight for keeping us informed of what's really going on in the world - and you're right...the world IS insane!
wildstar
Fixed Wing Pilot

Postby KaizokuShojo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:11 am

Dwight shouldn't apologise for being upset about the state of things. It's really impossible to cover such absurd, terrible, freedom-threatening insanity without being more serious sometimes. I think his podcasts are great, be they satirical or not.

I would say more, but I~......need to go to bed to hop a plane to-morrow.
"Doctor! My capillaries are shrinking!"
Image POKEMON TRAINER MURDOCK wants to battle!
KaizokuShojo
Chopper Pilot

Postby bcbdrums » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:25 am

we are becoming desensitized to everything. it never shocked me to hear dwight explain why he left hollywood, when he realized no one there was affected by the world trade center attacks. and if the truth about the attacks this year were reported, would america care? or are we too desensitized.

it is critically important to remember that those were people who died in the middle east! people, just like you, just like me. just like your mother and your father, your sister and brother, your children. what makes chris stevens any less important than your mother? the marines who died? that is the problem with america--they don't see people anymore. i'll bet the families of those marines see people.

and they don't see right and wrong. as dwight said, they see it as all being relative! well, what's relative to the followers of islam is that we must all be killed, because we are infidels! as dwight said, you can't stop a war if the other side doesn't want to stop fighting!

it's the lack of caring about right and wrong that bothers me the most. in my teacher credentialing program my peers come from very diverse beliefs and values, some relatively sane, others absolutely nuts--like, murdock-level nuts. but the only people who bother me are those without values. they claim to have them--when they insist upon the extreme political correctness in their curriculum and treatment of students. wait, we can't tell a kid to stop talking in class? it violates his rights? it offends him? God-forbid he isn't white, or then it's racism and we'll all be fired before we even get our credentials! oh, he's the quarterback of the football team? now we hate athletics, apparently.

i was born in the wrong century, seriously. thank God for romney's fantastic win in the debate, and i pray fervently to God that he'll continue to in the coming debates.
"You know, the people that I create in there are m-...more real to me than anyone I meet out here."

. .Image
bcbdrums
Co-pilot

Highscores: 2

Postby KaizokuShojo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:33 am

I don't know, bcb, I think comparing the nuts to Murdock is an insult to Murdock. xD Murdock's is a benevolent, rather sane and reasonable nuttiness. This is like...delusional danger-to-others kind of stuff, where people are okay with others getting murdered because they BELIEVE lies about Islam. Yeah, it's totally okay to murder someone when they've offended you by just being alive. Right. :roll:

This whole "OMYGUSH WE CAN'T OFFEND ANYONE......." mindset as it exists on both the right and the left needs to just be shot. While we need to be careful of our words and actions, this just......isn't working. Not at all... It's taking away fun, preventing education, and even giving jerks new ways to manipulate people.
"Doctor! My capillaries are shrinking!"
Image POKEMON TRAINER MURDOCK wants to battle!
KaizokuShojo
Chopper Pilot

Postby bcbdrums » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:49 pm

i thought i differentiated between murdock-type nuts and valueless nuts. when i said murdock type, i meant the kind of person who...walks into class with a pink butterfly net, sets it on my desk with a smile and says, "I got this for you" just...out of thin air. yes, that happened to me. and i kept the butterfly net.
that is a totally different kind of nuts than the other guy in my class who complains about everything and condemns every religion, and talks down to anyone who believes in God or a god, and posts nothing but political hate on facebook, mind-blowing insults against romney, conservatives, republicans, and Christians, yet in class he "worries" about non-discrimination toward his students. that is, the non-white ones. those he is fine with discriminating against.

the most recent "can't offend anyone" i noticed was on my local news. some thugs robbed a mall, got away with it, drove to another mall and did the same thing. but they were caught on security cameras both times, clearly! so does the news give a description of the suspects, like they have done for the past Nth number of years? why...no. because the thieves were african american. and you can't say that african americans commit crimes. so instead the newscaster told us to "look closely at the picture to get their descriptions." i realized, this isn't the first time this has happened, it was just the first time i noticed it. i wonder if they'll afford other races the same treatment, or if it's only african americans we have to turn a blind eye to when it comes to breaking the law.
"You know, the people that I create in there are m-...more real to me than anyone I meet out here."

. .Image
bcbdrums
Co-pilot

Highscores: 2

Postby BarefootMdn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:05 pm

No apology for an intense show was needed. He has skin in the game, as they say, but I think all Americans should be just as angry and just as out spoken about what has happened. And about what has happened to our country since our dear leader has been allow another 4 years of destroying on the last place of freedom. Those who love true freedom, and living by one conscience need to be outspoken, while we are still free to do so.

I guess that's my new phrase of late, We should be doing what we can do while we are still free to do so.
If you do not defend the truth, you are complicit in its demise. ~Dwight Schultz,The Lies of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, September 9th. 2012
BarefootMdn
Basic Airman

Return to American Politics