Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

Howling Mad World Review! show 11

Howling Mad World Review! show 11

Postby Choppercrazy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 pm

You may post your comments about this podcast right here.
Choppercrazy
Playground Crew

Re: Howling Mad World Review! show 11

Postby Milena » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Everytime a new podcast is uploaded, my husband and I we sit together to listen Dwight. We don't breathe, or nearly so, for better hear and understand his words.
Yes: understand / translate. A single listening is not enough, sometimes we listen to a podcast for two, three times or more ... BUT IT'S WORTH IT!
Thanks Dwight, you're really great!
Milena
Stunt Pilot

Postby Billy70 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Dwight, you're right 100%!
Billy70
Basic Airman

Postby theGerman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Is it possible that Dwight and the facebook posters are just fighting over a definition? Homosexual people might be offended by the term "disorder", because (at least for me as a non-native speaker) it sounds as if they had a sickness that had to be cured. But I don't think that this is what Dwight means.

The issue all began with was the question whether homosexual couples should be allowed to get married. I think that depends on what you call a marriage. If it means that two people agree to be responsible for each other for the rest of their lives, I don't see any problem with that. If they have the duty to support each other financially, so that the state or community only helps them out if both of them are in trouble, it might also be possible to grant them tax privileges similar to those of married childless heterosexual couples. Privileges associated with children could and should be granted to those couples who actually have children.

In fact, I don't see what harm homosexual marriage can do to society. There won't be any more or less homosexuals now that they can get married, there won't be more or less children born because of it, and they will not be raised any different than before. The thing I am not sure about is whether homosexual couples should have the right to adopt children. I don't have a good feeling about it, but I don't have rational arguments.

Anyway, I think that there are really more pressing topics at the moment such as the national debt, private debt, unemployment and the Euro crisis. If these are not solved soon, then we will have real problems to worry about.
theGerman
Basic Airman

Postby Choppercrazy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:59 am

For everyone who missed Dwight's response:
http://www.dwightschultzfansite.nl/HMN/Hresponse.MP3

You are so right that Dwight doesn't mean that it's a sickness that has to be cured...he knows and is of the opinion (just listen to show 11 and the response bit) that people are simply born heterosexual or homosexual and that it's not something you can change or have influence on. It's just the way you are. Just listen to both show 11 and the response and he'll explain.
Choppercrazy
Playground Crew

Postby Jenny » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 pm

I never had the idea that Dwight hate gay people. In many of his shows he talks about it and says that he has homosexuals friends.
But did I understand correctly that Dwight is against gay marriage and also thinks that gay people should not have children. Why? (Gay marriage is legal here in the Netherlands since 2001.)
From the response I understand that it is not natural? Is that the reason? Two people of the same *** who love each other. Why should they may not have the same rights as a man and woman who love each other . As a family with a father and a mother adopts a child is it natural. If gay people do that with the same love for children is that not natural ???? Because life would be harder for a child with two fathers or two mothers? Like hetero couples always do so well with raising their children. I'am married for 28 years to a man, but my son has been at a school where there were several gay couples. With very happy kids.

Again, maybe I misunderstood the whole discussion.
Jenny
Stunt Pilot

Postby Milena » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm

This is only my thoughts, I don't want to offend the sensitivity or the different opinions of others.
I think for a couple gay the adoption is not a good idea! I don't speak about love they can give to a child, this is out of doubt, but a child needs two figures for growing up: male and female.
Using the term "gender" instead of "***", in reference to a person, extinguishes the biological diversity: there would be no more a man and a woman, just the idea that everyone has of themselves, of their gender, their sexuality.
This "gender ideology" in the name of respect for diversity, it actually has the objective to cancel any kind of difference between a male and a female biologically conceived, basing its philosophy in exasperated relativism. Within a potential homosexual family, the important contribution made by complementarity of the sexes would lacking. The lack of one of the two parental figures would create difficulties in relationships with others, especially with the opposite ***, and confusion about their identity. A child understands the nature that surrounds him and get to know and recognize himself looking at the parental figures around him.
Milena
Stunt Pilot

Postby theGerman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Somehow I can imagine very well two lesbians taking care of a child, but not two gay men. The only rational explanation for this feeling is that it is natural for a child to be very close to its mother when it is very young, because in a natural environment it needs its mother's milk. Therefore, women should be perfect for looking after young children, while men are probably something like a useful helping hand. Maybe I have the vague feeling that at least the majority of men are not able to establish a relation with the young child that is close and intimate enough for its needs.

If a child really needed a male and a female role model, then all single mothers' and single fathers' children would have big problems. Is that so? Is it really worse living with two 'mothers' than with one single mother? I don't have any real answers here, just a lot of maybes.
theGerman
Basic Airman

Return to American Politics