Welcome
Welcome to the Official Dwight Schultz Fansite Forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, respond to, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,join our community today!

Howling Mad World Review Rant (show 22)

Howling Mad World Review Rant (show 22)

Postby dwightforum » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Use this topic to respond to Dwight's show!

Here is a direct link to the blog Dwight mentioned in his show.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/

Article: "Minnesota Men" at play
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... t-play.php

and a direct link to the article/video mentioned in show

Ted Cruz exposes administrations willful blindness to jihad.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... -jihad.php
dwightforum
Site Admin

Re: Howling Mad World Review Rant (show 22)

Postby Nance » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:22 pm

I'm going to put my reply on Facebook here.

I'm not going to air my opinion on American politics. I'm not really up to date on them. I do know about Brexit and European politics.

Any kind of politics is corrupt. Every politician has his/her own version of the truth and will impose that on their people. This is reality. I can only vote and hope for the best. The Dutch government has a tendency to tally the votes and then do whatever THEY want to do. Trying to jump through hoops for the European government while other countries freeload.

I fear that the fear of Sharia-ism will give way to anti Islamism. And we should all remember the events of WW2. Do we really want to do the same thing but with Muslims? Hatred like that doesn't happen overnight. It's nourished and cultivated to perfection by those in power. We are not united, we are falling apart and Brexit is a symptom of that. A loose group of people is a mob. An angry mob is the most dangerous thing because we will lose everything we stand for and become animals without morals.

Fear is never the answer. Fear is fed by the media and it's propaganda. The first victim of war is always the truth. We should unite. Not against an enemy but because we are alike. We also should fight. Not because we want to be right but we want to do what's right.
I'm not insane, I'm psychologically challenged!
Nance
Navigator

Postby Kasia » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:33 pm

But you know Nance, difference between WWII and now is that then Jews assimilated and they bothered only people sick with hate to other race and religion. Nowadays people who come to Europe terrorize they're hosts, who gave them chance for better life. Sorry, I'm not violence supporter, but when you're attacked you have to defend yourself.
In my country we have a little Muslim society from many centuries and they always were on our side in history; that's the way it should be. I don't want here people who's gonna force me to convert to Islam. OK there's some real refugees between all those people but how distinguish them from terrorists? Too risky.
Polskę i okolice ;) zapraszam serdecznie na http://a-teamfreak.blogspot.com/
Kasia
Navigator

Highscores: 8

Postby Nance » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:14 pm

It's not that I think that governments should or will prosecute Muslims at a WW2 scale. Let's all hope that never happens again. Jews have never been assimilated into mainstream culture, nor do they particularly want to. That's fine by me. They don't bother me.
We should however look at the events of Kristalnacht when Nazi's killed hundreds of Jews and destroyed their Synagogues and shops. There was a huge group of German civilians involved in this too, who would normally have never ever thought about doing things like that before. Respectable people who became animals without morals. People who suddenly betrayed their Jewish neighbours whom they lived next door to for years. Sending them to slums like the Warshau getto.

I think that most refugees are economic ones. Then a smaller group is fleeing for the violence in their country. A really REALLY small percentage is might actually be terrorists. They don't need to take risks on a boats. They can just fly in because they are 'European' citizens. I'm afraid that when people start fighting, they will start to fight among themselves. We have seen violent riots in the Netherlands about refugees.

I'm not saying we should accept Sharia law! Far from it!

The media and the government are feeding into the fear robbing our people of sound judgement and breeding hatred. We've seen this about global warming, the economic recession etc. If this continues then our people and countries will turn on innocents and even each other. That will destroy everything we ever stood for. What soldiers gave their lives for.
When you want to fight for your country you enlist in the army. Fight at the source and snuff them out. Not turn on your neighbours like when the iron curtain was still up and Stasi dictated what you could say and think.

We want to be free. We have to treasure it and spread it and fight for it. Don't lose yourself in hatred and fear. Nothing good will come of it.
Nance
Navigator

Postby flygrl513 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:40 am

I completely agree, Nance and I believe that the vast majority of refugees are legitimately looking for a better life. But the problem is, the world is at war and our mainstream media in the U.S. are doing nothing but giving us a false sense of security -- using smoke and mirrors in the form of race/religion baiting so we won't see how vulnerable this administration has made us. We need to start being smart about our national security or we will soon see another 9/11. I'm not a pessimistic person, as a rule, and I do believe in this country... I believe we can be a moral and respected world power again. But not unless we stop pandering to the ignorant masses and this selfish and childish culture into which we have regressed. So I say close the borders for now, stop the fiscal irresponsibility (make people accountable for their own lives!), and bring back the powerful military we once had. Then we can talk about securely vetting refugees.
flygrl513
Navigator

Postby flygrl513 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:51 am

Just to clarify this is coming from my experience as a U.S. citizen and I'm not extrapolating any of these concerns or suggestions to the EU... I don't know enough about your leadership or your media to comment in that regard. I would imagine you have a similar problem with the government's corruption of popular media. In recent years (read: Obama years) our government has not only monopolized the news media but also pop culture, local and national service agencies and even public education. It's hard raising kids here today...
flygrl513
Navigator

Postby Nance » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:25 pm

I have been thinking about this a lot as I have two small daughters (2 and 4 years old) and I try my best to raise them right. Even if I have to raise them in a world of war.

The Dutch media sway from side to side. Following those politicians who are shouting the loudest at that moment in time both left and right wing. And politicians play the media too. When 'Prinsjesdag' arrives (that's the day the government offers this years national budget to the King) suddenly some information 'leaks' out beforehand. Getting the people in an uproar. Then when everybody is focused on the red herring they push through something far worse!
A few years ago it was global warming, then it was the economic recession, pension funds and now immigrants. The masses aren't ignorant. They know where to find their information if they want to. Conspiracy theories are getting far too much power these days. And those are dangerous.

I believe that immigrants aren't the cause of our cultural loss but technological developments like the Internet. I talked about mobs in my previous posts. Those are groups of angry and aggressive people, who lost their ability to think for themselves, their individuality, morals and responsibility all because they are anonymous. The internet makes us anonymous and unaccountable. We are destroying our own culture! All great empires died because they imploded. Not because of an outside source. The outside source just filled in the gap left by the old establishment.

A concern for me is also the Russian influence in Syria. They are contributing to the conflict because of their own interests. If they hadn't done that IS would not have had the firepower and chaos needed to found their nation. The Dutch are also fighting in Iraq and Syria together with Americans and the French.
When pro Russian rebels shot down MH-17 our people were outraged! Putin just hovered his finger over the red button and said jump for me. And we did!

Shutting our borders won't help. We are destroying our civilization from within. If we fight the terrorists at the source then there will be no immigrants.
Nance
Navigator

Postby Bix » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Here in America, we're seeing firsthand what you said about "destroying our civilization from within."

For all the ranting and raving about "others" who are "ruining America," what are the headlines today? Americans killing Americans-- police shooting civilians, civilians shooting police.

We refuse to focus on the changes WE should make.
"They sell a LOT of tin foil in your town, don't they?"
Bix
Stunt Pilot

Postby Nance » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:27 pm

I saw it on the news. It's awful. Just awful...
Nance
Navigator

Return to International Affairs